Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dub's 1st Birthday! September 25, 2008









It was a lot of fun. I started out the day around 3 am, prepping the cakes. They took me 5 hours, I am embarrassed to say, but I had a lot of fun too. Walter was kind of cranky, until his guests showed up. I made soup, beef barley. I had 2 gallons of leftovers, so I guess I made a bit too much.






We played in the yard for a while, in the stuff dad had laying around. We also played in the garden, finding 12 yellow bells to cut up for winter.






Then around 5 pm all of the good eats, friends, and family got his spirits up. He got a 4-wheeler from his Aunt Amber, that he loves. He puts it on its side and works on the engine, just like Dad.






Walter didn't want to just dig into the cake. Ryan had to show him how it works and that it was okay to just get messy.






This week we are prepping for the chilifeed/big birthday party. More coming later.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Happy birthday little man! The cakes are great!

Kate said...

Awesome cakes Heather, you did a great job! Happy Birthday Walter!