Thursday, July 24, 2008

Garden & Zoo











Walter and I weeded the garden a little every day last week. Even the potatoes. I don't often do anything with the potatoes, but they are looking good, and the potato bugs, though still there, aren't such a huge army as before. I endeavor to perservere. We took some new pictures of that, before we finished weeding, but no big deal. Weeds are like housework, they're always there tomorrow. I have new things in the garden this year, and I've been learning. Two of them are swiss chard and beets. I made a yummy pizza with the swiss chard the other day. The crust is olive oil based, and you make a flavored olive oil with some minced garlic & crushed red pepper flakes. It turned out very good, and Ryan and I both agreed that a bottle of St. Paulie Girl Dark would have gone so well with it. I pickled beets yesterday morning for the first time. Wow, what a mess...my kitchen looked like the hotel room from the Scarface chainsaw scene.






Yesterday Nichole Bach and I took our kiddos up to Como Zoo. It was a lot of fun. Walter and Courtney didn't really know what was going on, but Walter perked up when we got to the pirana tank. The butterflies were something he liked too. It's just so nice to have someone with a baby similar in age so we can talk about the different stages and what they'll need, or need to give up, like Walter and his bottle. I didn't know it was bad to keep him using a bottle after 1 year old...so I better get crackin' on that! We stopped at Fudrucker's on the way home, I hadn't ever been there. The burgers were pretty yummy, and Walter loved the fries. Walter thought his Uncle Anthony may like them more than Red Robin's fries. Ha.






Anyway, that's about all so far. This weekend not much is going on but shed work. We have the garage doors left to do, and the floor. Next weekend is our 10 year reunion. I can't believe it's been that long, but the wrinkles on my face tell me it's no lie.

No comments: