Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July Goings On...

Well things have been crazy around our home lately.

We've been building a shed that has taken the majority of our summer time. We got all of the steel on it this past Sunday, and the service door installed. Then, at 10 pm, straightline winds hit our home, getting our living room floor completely soaked and water was pouring in around our window trim. We went outside to inspect the shed, and one piece of roof steel was bent completely up and ruined. The service door was swung open so hard that two screw holes were made on it when it hit the steel siding. I think we both wanted to cry. I had to go outside and support the corn with more dirt, much of it was pushed over.


My sister, Hannah visited us a couple weeks ago now. We had a blast while she was here. After she headed home, Rod's girlfriend, Leah, had their baby boy. 8 lbs 10 oz, 21 inches long, Tucker Matthew Wicklund. We went and saw them at the hospital, and Walter was very excited to meet his new cousin.

Walter has been doing awesome. Standing on his own, talking, trying to eat dog food. He's so persistant it's frustrating right now, but down the road I am sure it will be a great virtue to have. Walter's Aunt Nanners got him a blow up swimming pool that he just loves. I love it too, he gets so pooped out from it, it's great for his sleep.
I made a few strawberry pies for the 4th of July weekend, and a "S'mores cheesecake" that was OK. The flowers are in bloom, and the garden is coming along, although slowly this year. I haven't been doing too much crazy baking or cooking lately, although I did try my hand at some venison jerky last week, that turned out pretty tasty.
Selma (one of our goldens) got bit by something like a cat/racoon on her back and had to go to the vet last week. She's been our most expensive golden this year.

Picking up the pieces...more to come.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Thanks for starting a blog Heather, I'll be checking back often to watch for updates. I love the pic of Walter with Tucker. It'll be great when he gets older to have someone close in age to play with. Looks like you guys have had a busy summer so far.