Thursday, July 17, 2008

Walter and Gardening


I was out walking on our land last night, Walter and I. We had raspberries to pick and eat, despite the heat and humidity. I was looking at my 30x70 plot of vegetables to harvest, seeing what is ready, seeing the weeding I HAVEN'T been keeping up on, and fearing for the future when that time arrives for tomatoes and corn to be ready. I love gardening, but with Walter, I am clueless as to how I will get all done. I make salsa, juice & soup with my tomatoes. This year I also planted 1/2 a lb. of sweet corn.

Ryan works so very hard, and is tired when he gets home at night. He has projects also to balance with his time off. It's easy to be Superwoman when you don't have to change diapers, feed and give attention to a little one. Walter wants to be involved in everything and is forever wanting me with him. I guess I can have a girlfriend over to help, or mom and give them some of what I make. I'm just so used to handling it all, doing it all, and doing it well. Is it a pride thing to want to be able to do it all and be a mom too? What's my deal? I'm feeling defeated or something dumb.

No comments: